Troubleshooting steps to fix the Netgear Wifi extender red light issue
Whenever your Netgear Wifi extender flashes red light, it could indicate that you are experiencing one or more issues with your Wi-Fi and Internet connection. And if your Netgear extender causes the same problem don’t worry read this post and you can quickly fix the issue. The Netgear extender shows red lights for several reasons, so determining the source of the problem is the first step toward resolving it. So, let’s go over some troubleshooting procedures.
Restart the Netgear extender
- Unhook your extender and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait a few moments.
- Turn on the switch and reconnect the extender.
- Check your device’s light status now. If the red light is not fixed then move to the next solution.
Check your electricity supply
A power outage can cause your Netgear extender to lose power that’s why your extender is blinking red light. So, make sure that your device is getting a proper power supply.
Update your Netgear Wifi range extender firmware
Ensure that your extender firmware is up to date, as faulty firmware can potentially cause the extender to flash red light issue.
If you’re not sure how to upgrade the firmware, try these steps:
- Power on your laptop or computer.
- Get the latest up-to-date firmware for your device.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or laptop.
- Enter your extender’s default IP address, 192.168.1.250, or try Mywifiext.net.
- Your screen will now display the extender admin page.
- Navigate to the firmware update page.
- Choose the “browse” update option before uploading the firmware file you downloaded.
- Verify that the firmware file you downloaded was successfully uploaded.
Examine your modem connection
Check the cable connection between your modem and the extender for appropriate operation. Turn off the power source and temporarily disconnect the cable connecting the extender and modem if it is not working properly. Connect the ethernet cable from the extender to the modem once more, then power it on.
Why is your Netgear Wifi extender flashing red light?
Here are some possible reasons why your Netgear Wifi extender is flashing red. Read these reasons carefully and determine which step you missed.
The most common reason for the red light is corrupted or outdated firmware.
- Malicious files and viruses in your Wifi system could be the source of the issue.
- The Ethernet wire is not functioning correctly.
- Sometimes your Netgear extender is good, but the problem is with your ISP (Internet service provider).
- The extender and router are unable to connect, resulting in a red power indicator on the Netgear Wifi extender.
- The internet network is having problems.
- A hardware problem with your Extender or router is possible.
- The Wifi signal has been lost.
- The extension or modem’s cables or wires are either loose or damaged.
- If the Netgear extender setup changes, you may notice a red power light on the Wifi extender.
All of the information about the probable causes of red lights on Netgear extenders can be found right here. And how to address red light troubles fast and effectively, as well as advanced steps. If you keep your gaze fixed on the extender, it will continue to flash red. Then you can connect with one of our experts, who will guide you through the procedure step by step.