If you have forgotten your Netgear Wifi password or want to change it, this complete guide is for you. Sometimes users are unaware of how critical it is to change the default password of any WiFi extender. You can use this guide to find the best solution to this problem.
Forget your Netgear extender password(Solution)
By following these simple steps you can easily recover your forget Wifi password:
- Switch on your Wifi range extender.
- Now you can simply connect your extender with existing router.
- Turn on your computer or laptop.
- Open any web browser like google chrome, safari.
- Enter the default web address mywifiext in the search address bar.
- Login panel will open your screen.
- Now, select Forget password.
- Enter the email address associated with your Netgear extener setup account next.
- Then enter the captcha and click the reset my password button.
- Check your inbox in your email account.
- You will receive an email at the email address you used to sign up for the mywifiext page.
- You will receive a link in your email.
- When you click the link, you will be taken to the Netgear wifi extender password change page.
- For your account, create a new username and password.
- After you’ve entered your new username and password, click the save button.
Your password changed successfully.
Some Reason why your Netgear extender password is not changing
- You don’t about the default web address.
- Don’t remember the security question answer.
- Default IP address is not working .
- Sometimes your extender is not connected with internet.
- Wrong login credentials will always cause the issue.
Fix- Why your Netgear extender password is not changing
- Make sure your extender is connected to the network.
- Check that the default web address is typed correctly its mywifiext.
- Delete caches,cookies and unnecessary history from your web browser because when you are accessing the admin panel these things will cause the issue.
- If mywifiext is not opening then use the default web address of your extender it is 192.168.1.250.
- Ethernet cable is working or not.
- Restart your extender and router again.
- If you are using VPN service then please turn off it.
- Use another browser if default web browser is not working.
Netgear Wifi extender password won't work
If Wifi extender password won’t work do one thing reset your extender and setup again if don’t know how to reset the Netgear extender follow the steps listed below:
- Hold a paper clip or a pin.
- Pinpoint your extender’s reset button.
- You can now use a paper clip to press the reset button on your extender.
- And then press and hold the reset button until the power led blinks.
- The reset procedure is now complete.
Finally, please read all of these steps carefully to resolve the Netgear Wifi extender password issue because they will be useful again in the future. However, if you continue to receive errors, please email us and we will happily assist you.