Netgear EX8000 Setup
The Ex8000 is an 802.11ac extender that brings high-performance wireless networking to your home, office, or dorm room. This guide will show you how to setup Netgear EX8000 so that you can enjoy superior Wi-Fi performance right out of the box! In this guide, we will show you how to set up your extender in two different ways for maximum internet performance.
Netgear EX8000 Setup | WPS Method
- Start your EX7300.
- Set the wireless extender in close proximity to the router.
- And then wait for your extender’s power LED to become green.
- Now, on the extender, push the WPS button.
- Also, on the Wifi router, press the WPS button.
- Your extender EX7300 will now display a solid green light. It signifies that the router-extender connection is stable.
- If the Router Link LED does not light up green, try again.
- You can now relocate your extender to the new location.
- Use a Wireless internet PC or mobile device to connect to the extended network.
Netgear EX8000 installation | Manual Method
- Connect the Wifi range extender to a power source.
- Place your wireless extender close to the router.
- The power light should become green after a few moments.
- If the light does not turn on, press the power button.
- Launch a web browser on a computer or laptop and enter www.mywifiext.net.
- The Netgear extender login page is now displayed on your screen.
- Connect your extender to your existing Wifi network by following the on-screen instructions.
- Unplug the extender and relocate to the new spot.
- Your extender is now working.
Note: Please keep in mind that you must select a place that is within range of your existing Wifi router network.
How to reset Netgear EX8000?
There are a few options for factory resetting your Wifi range extender. We’ll go over each one individually.
Using the hand method
- Grab a paper clip or a pin.
- Find your extender’s reset button.
- You can now use a paper clip to hit the reset button on your extension.
- And then press and hold the reset button until the power led blinks.
- The reset procedure is now complete.
Method of using a web browser
- Power on your Netgear EX8000 extender.
- Now, on your computer or tablet, open a web browser.
- In the address bar, enter mywifiext.net.
- The Netgear genie page should now display on your screen. Navigate to settings and select the reset option.
How to update Netgear AC3000 firmware?
Essentially, we are discussing the Netgear extender firmware update since firmware updates are required for your extender. When we update the firmware of our extender, the speed of the extender increases. You can learn how to upgrade Netgear EX8000 firmware in this part.
Using the web browser, update the Netgear extender firmware
- Start your Ex8000 Wifi extender.
- Connect your Netgear wireless extender.
- Now, on your PC or tablet, open any web browser.
- And then enter wwwmywifiext.net in the address bar.
- The Netgear admin panel page has now shown on your screen.
- Enter the default extender login information. and then press the login button.
- Navigate to the settings menu and select the firmware update option.
- If a new firmware version is available, choose yes to download it.
- Your Netgear extender firmware installation is now complete.
Using the app, update the Netgear extender firmware
- To begin, make sure your mobile device is linked to your extender network.
- Now launch the Nighthawk app and log in with the admin login and password.
- Navigate to Settings and look for the firmware update option.
- If the most recent firmware version is available, touch the firmware update button.
- And your firmware is currently being updated.
- Congratulations, your firmware has been updated.
That’s all there is to it! Your NETGEAR Wifi Range Extender should now be working and ready for use. You can now enjoy a fast, reliable connection throughout your home or office, even if you don’t have an existing wired network. If at any point you need help with setting up your new device, please ask us.